START HERE!

This is a team blog. It allows BCC owners, resident non-owners, and employees to rave (like) and rant (don't like) about BCC. Titled articles, like those below, can only be added by team members. Any reader can comment on any of the articles by clicking on the “comments” below the article. Comments removed by Administrator will be relocated to "Hate Mail, Fantasies & Funny Bits" in Rants & Raves Blog.

The blog administrator is not responsible for any blog articles or comments made by team members or blog readers and may or may not agree with any or all articles or comments made by others. Please click on “Disclaimer” in the left-hand column before proceeding further. Articles and/or comments can be signed or anonymous.

Team membership is by invitation only. Invitations to the Team will be extended based on comments a reader has made to articles in this and the linked Bay Colony Club Condo blog. Click on the "Team Blog" link in the left column for detailed explanation and instructions.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

DOCK DEPOSIT? WHAT DOCK DEPOSIT?


I can confirm the sloppy accounting and lack of control over Deposits. In 2008 I canceled the dock lease I had obtained more than 20 years before and asked for the return of my deposit. I was told there was no record of my having made any deposit and that I should provide a copy of the canceled check! Who keeps canceled checks for 20+ years?

Luckily I had a signed lease acknowledging my deposit, so I got my money back. How many people not so lucky will get done out of their deposit? Remember the $50 “deposit” for gate openers that most of us lost?

I would be surprised if detailed support could be provided for either the rental or the dock deposits. If any detail does exist, it would only be due to the efforts of Joanne Lowenthal, our manager, working against stiff opposition from some BOD members.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Makes you wonder if the records of dock deposits disappeared when Sam stole the trunk-load of files from the office when Donna Turner was the manager. We all heard she had threatened him with financial improprieties and we figured that's why he removed the files to cover his butt. He would have taken anything that smacked of finances - just to be safe. Two residents saw him take the files into his unit, but who knows where they went after that. Probably to the dump.
I was lucky because I saved my original dock lease (for 16 years!) and I got my deposit back too. Nobody saves checks and the banks don't even return them anymore.
I sure do sympathize with Joanne and Sheila having to deal with these bloated-ego board members. Hope we can elect a DECENT board in February and get these crumbums out!